Der EL Sequenzer ist ein kleiner Controller zum ansteuern von EL Leuchtkabeln.
Der Sequenzer besitzt 8 Kanäle, jeder Kanal ist mit einem Triac als Schalter ausgerüstet, damit kann die EL Spannung von etwa 100-200 V (435Hz) direkt geschaltet werden.
Als Controller kommt ein ATmega328 mit dem Arduino Lilypad Bootloader zum Einsatz.
The SparkFun EL Sequencer is a board that contains an
Arduino-compatible microcontroller, and circuitry for controlling up to
eight strands of electroluminescent wire
EL wire is flexible plastic cord that glows brightly when high-voltage
AC is applied to it. It’s available in numerous colors (see the related
products below), runs cool, and requires very little current, but can be
difficult to work with because of the high-voltage requirements. The EL
Sequencer can safely switch high-voltage AC on and off, allowing you to
easily create animated displays or whatever else your imagination can
come up with.
In addition to this board, you will need an inverter (a component
that generates the high-voltage AC needed by EL wire), EL
wire/tape/panels, and a 5V FTDI BOB or cable to load your own programs.
The board also has headers for XBee and NRF24L01+ radio modules for
wireless projects. SparkFun carries two inverters, a 3V-input version
that can drive a few feet of EL wire, and a 12V-input version capable of
driving dozens of feet of EL wire. Choose the one appropriate to your
power source and driving requirements. The EL Sequencer possesses
zero-crossing optoisolated triacs for noise-free operation and full
isolation between the AC and DC sides, and includes a 1.5A adjustable
linear regulator to supply regulated DC to an external inverter (not
Nate has used EL wire to make amazing interactive costumes; check out his Heartbeat Straitjacket and demo video.
Note: We have fixed the silkscreen error on this board; the FTDI “black” and “green” labels have been fixed.
- ATmega 328p running at 8MHz, with Arduino bootloader
- Eight opto-isolated, zero-crossing EL control channels
- Headers for XBee and NRF24L01+ for optional wireless control
- No library needed - control is as easy as turning a LED on and off
- Integrated 1.5A linear regulator (LM317) to supply regulated DC power to external inverter
- Linear regulator preset to 3.3V, but can be changed via PTH resistors, or bypassed entirely
- Can be powered by a 3.7V Lipo battery (using 3V inverter), or an external 3.3V to 16V supply (using 3V or 12V inverter)
- 5V FTDI BOB or cable required for reprogramming, not included
- External EL inverter required, not included