Give your project a voice! Designed by Parallax in conjunction with Grand Idea Studio
the Emic 2 Text-to-Speech Module is a multi-language voice synthesizer
that converts a stream of digital text into natural sounding speech. Its
simple command-based interface makes it easy to integrate into any
embedded system. It is by far the best sounding, easiest-to-use TTS
module we've ever seen!
- High-quality speech synthesis for English and Spanish languages
- Nine pre-defined voice styles comprising male, female, and child
- Dynamic control of speech and voice characteristics, including pitch, speaking rate, and word emphasis
- Industry-standard DECtalk text-to-speech synthesizer engine (5.0.E1)
This video by Hack-a-Week TV shows a great example of it working with an Arduino
- Reading Internet-based data streams (such as e-mails or Twitter feeds)
- Conveying status or sensor results from robots, scientific equipment, or industrial machinery
- Language learning or speech aids for educational environments
. Creator Joe Grand also has A bunch of youtube video showing off the advanced feature-set!