Make amazing robots and gadgets with two of today’s hottest DIY
technologies. With this easy-to-follow guide, you’ll learn how to build
devices with Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0, the Arduino prototyping platform,
and some add-on components to bridge the two. Mindstorms alone lets you
create incredible gadgets. Bring in Arduino for some jaw-dropping
functionality—and open a whole new world of possibilities.
Build a drink dispenser, music synthesizer, wireless lamp, and more
Each fun and fascinating project includes step-by-step instructions and
clear illustrations to guide you through the process. Learn how to set
up an Arduino programming environment, download the sketches and
libraries you need, and work with Arduino’s language for
non-programmers. It’s a perfect book for students, teachers, hobbyists,
makers, hackers, and kids of all ages.
- Build a Drawbot that roams around and traces its path with a marker pen
- Construct an analog Mindstorms clock with hands that display the correct time
- Create a machine that mixes a glass of chocolate milk at the touch of a button
- Make a Gripperbot rolling robotic arm that you control wirelessly with Arduinos mounted on your arms
- Explore electronic music by building a guitar-shaped Lego synthesizer
- Build a Lego lamp with on/off and dimmer switches that you control with a smartphone application
- Jump feet first into the world of electronics, from learning Ohm’s Law to working with basic components
You'll need the Bricktronics shield created for this book by Open Source
Hardware kit maker Wayne and Layne, or you can build a breadboarded
equivalent (see Chapter 10).LEGO, the LEGO logo, MINDSTORMS, the MINDSTORMS logo are trademarks and/or copyrights of the LEGO Group.