The SN74LV8153 is a serial-to-parallel data converter. It
accepts serial input data and outputs 8-bit parallel data.
The automatic data-rate detection feature of the
SN74LV8153 eliminates the need for an external oscillator
and helps with cost and board real-estate savings.
The OUTSEL pin is used to choose between open
collector and push-pull outputs. The open-collector option
is suitable when this device is used in applications such as
LED interface, where high drive current is required. SOUT
is the output that acknowledges reception of the serial
To ensure the high-impedance state during power up or
power down, OE should be tied to VCC1 through a pullup
resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined
by the current-sinking capability of the driver.
- Single-Wire Serial Data Input
- Compatible With UART Serial-Data Format
- Up to Eight Devices (64-Bit Parallel) Can Share the Same Bus by Using Different Combinations of A0, A1, A2
- Up to 40 mA Current Drive in Open-Collector Mode for Driving LEDs
- Outputs Can be Configured as Open-Collector or Push-Pull
- Internal Oscillator and Counter for Automatic Data-Rate Detection
- Output Levels Are Referenced to VCC2 and Can Be Configured From 3 V to 12 V