This is revision 2.0 of USB Host Shield. Thanks to new interface layout
it is now compatible with more Arduinos - not only UNO and Duemilanove,
but also big Mega and Mega 2560 work with Standard variant of this
shield out of the box. No more SPI re-wiring and code modifications -
just solder included stackable connectors (2x3 ICSP connector's female
side should be facing down), plug and play!
This shield is
shipped as a kit, containing populated and tested board plus a set of
stackable headers, which you need to solder on the board. Fully
assembled shield is also available.
This shield will work with standard (dual 5/3.3V) and 3.3V-only (for example, Arduino Pro) boards.
clones with standard connector layout, including ICSP connector, should
work, however only BlackWidow has been tested so far.
If your Arduino clone doesn't follow classic layout, take a look at previous revision of the shield.
The following device classes are currently supported by the shield:
- HID devices, such as keyboards, mice, joysticks, etc.
- game controllers - Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360
- USB to serial converters - FTDI, PL-2303, ACM, as well as certain cell phonesa nd GPS receivers
- ADK-capable Android phones and tables
- Digital cameras - Canon EOS, Powershot, Nikon DSLRs and P&S, as well as generic PTP
- Mass storage devices, such as USB sticks, memory card readers, external hard drives
- Bluetooth dongles
Support for more devices is currently in development.