The jrk 21v3 motor controller is a highly configurable brushed DC motor
controller that supports four interface modes: USB, logic-level serial,
analog voltage, and hobby radio control (RC). The controller can be
used with feedback for closed-loop speed or position control, or it can
be used without feedback as an open-loop speed control. The continuous
output current is approximately 3 A in the recommended operating range
of 8–28 V, with derated performance down to 5 V and transient protection
to 40 V. The board ships with connectors included but not soldered in,
allowing for custom installations.
The jrk 21v3 is a versatile, general-purpose motor controller that
supports a variety of interfaces, including USB. The broad operating
range from 5 V to 28 V and continuous output current of 3 A (5 A peak)
allow this board to control most small DC brushed motors. Analog
voltage and tachometer (frequency) feedback options allow quick
implementation of closed-loop servo systems, and a free configuration
utility (for Windows 7, Vista, or Windows XP) allows easy calibration
and configuration through the USB port.
Key improvements over competing products and earlier Pololu motor controllers with feedback include:
- USB connectivity with emulated serial (COM) port allows direct motor control from a PC.
- Ultrasonic PWM to eliminate switching-induced motor shaft hum or whine.
- Robust, high-speed communication protocol with user-configurable error condition response.
- High internal resolution (12 bits) for smooth and flexible calibration to various input and feedback devices.
- Current sensing and limiting.
- Reversed power protection.
- Field-upgradeable firmware.
- Simple bidirectional control of one DC brush motor.
- 5 V to 28 V operating supply range.
- 3 A maximum continuous current output (5 A peak).
- Four communication or control options:
- USB interface for direct connection to a PC.
- Full-duplex, TTL-level asynchronous serial interface for direct connection to microcontrollers or other embedded controllers.
- Hobby radio control (RC) pulse width interface for direct connection to an RC receiver or RC servo controller.
- 0–5 V analog voltage interface for direct connection to potentiometers and analog joysticks.
||5 – 28 V
|Continuous output current:
|Peak output current:
|Auto-detect baud rate range:
||300 – 115,200 bps
|Available fixed baud rates:
||300 – 115,200 bps
|Available PWM frequencies:
||20 kHz, 5 kHz
|Reverse voltage protection?:
|USB connector style: